100 Days of Code

Day 1: Friday, January 1, 2021.

Today’s Progress: I have been trying to use jez’s tufte-pandoc-jekyll theme on this blog to not much avail.

Thoughts Well, that sucked. I didn’t really get anywhere, and I’m not really familiar with GitHub + static site generator stuff.

Link(s) to work

  1. my stupid website

Day 2: Saturday, January 2, 2021.

Today’s Progress: Continuation of madness that hasn’t resulted in much. Starting to think I should just maybe work on creating my own custom theme.

Thoughts I figured out I was being emailed (LOL) build issues. So, I had two things: 1) GitHub wasn’t letting me use third-party theme gems (instead, you can use remote-theme: user/project-name) and 2) Pandoc is no longer supported by GitHub. Right as I figured out 1), I ran into 2). Well, at least I made progress on what was going on.

Link(s) to work

  1. my stupid website

Day 2: Sunday, January 3, 2021.

Today’s Progress: Started work on a custom jekyll theme. Began with jez’s and added kramdown.

Thoughts I didn’t actually make a lot of progress and spent most of the time reading about jekyll and GitHub-Flavored-Markdown (GFM) and kramdown.

Link(s) to work

  1. my stupid jekyll theme